Yesterday was a holiday in NL, so hubby had the day off and it was great to have him around.. 🙂 I wasn’t sure what I was going to make so I asked him if he had some sort of preference for lunch or dinner and he said appetisers. Since, we love to eat cheese I made this fried greek cheese with a few more appetisers instead of a main dish. 🙂
I used Graviera cheese for this recipe, but keep in mind you can also use Feta Cheese if your not able to find Graviera or Kefalotyri using the exact same steps. I was watching a cooking show a while back and the Chef was making Saganaki with a soft Italian Cheese. The show was based in NY and he mentioned both greek cheeses and the stores that your able to find these products which was great to hear. 🙂
All these cheeses are eaten hot because they melt and taste so good, especially when it is topped off with fresh lemon juice. 🙂
So good!! 🙂
GRAVIERA SAGANAKI (GREEK FRIED CHEESE)
- 2 piece of Graviera Kefalotyri or Feta Cheese
- 6 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
- 2 medium Eggs
- 5 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon juice
- In a skillet add the olive oil and warm to medium heat.
- 1 piece of Graviera Cheese or Feta Cheese…(you can use any type of cheese that melts for this recipe)
- Whisk eggs
- Coat cheese with egg batter on all sides.
- Place coated cheese in flour and coat with flour on all sides.
- Place into skillet and cook until all sides turn in a golden brown color.
- This should be eaten hot so once it has been cooked, place into a plate and top with lemon juice….:)