Strawberriessss woohooo…it’s that time of year strawberries flourish in the fruit market. 🙂 Love them and I am so excited because I can made this easy homemade ice cream. 🙂 When I first moved to NL I bought a small strawberry plant 🙂 which I absolutely adore, 6 six years later it still grows the most delicious strawberries small, not many but just delicious..
I absolutely love Ice Cream so here is a very simple recipe for Strawberry Ice Cream. I don’t own a Ice Cream Machine, so when I needed to put it in the freezer I went old school in regards to the container. I remembered that my mom and aunt had this little trick they used when they wanted to have ice cold water during the summer. They would fill old tin containers and put them in the freezer….:) so I did the same thing, I used a tin loaf pan. 🙂 hehehe
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY GRANITA
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 2 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Wash strawberries
- Cut strawberries in half
- Add strawberries into a food processor and beat.
- Add powdered sugar into strawberries and whip.
- Continue by adding milk.
- Once it is done take…
- a pice of plastic wrap and place it in the loaf pan. If you have a Ice Cream container you don’t really need to do this, but if you don’t have one or go old school like me. 🙂
- Pour Ice Cream mix into pan.
- Cover with a piece of baking paper so that it won’t crytallize.
- Leave in freezer overnight and serve the next day with whip cream, or strawberry syrup, or whatever your heart desires!!! 🙂