Artichokes are not in season at the moment, but I wanted to try out one more time this Garlic-roasted Artichoke recipe. I popped into the supermarket and bought a bag of frozen artichokes. I know that some of you may not be able to find frozen but you can use jarred artichokes for this recipe. If you’re living in a country that has Spring season rolling around then you’re lucky 🙂 go to the farmers market and pick up a few fresh artichokes. Granted cleaning the fresh artichokes is a hassle but honestly, it’s absolutely worth it.
The last time I tried this recipe it just didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to. There were so many factors as to why it didn’t turn out well it could have been the artichokes, or maybe the oven. I figured that the new oven might just make the difference this time around and it did. If you are on the search for a new Artichoke recipe give this recipe a go “Garlic Roasted Artichoke and Potatoes”. Along with the Garlic cloves (chopped or whole it’s up to you) add in lemon juice and a few lemon slices, dill, and watch how fast it disappears. This is also a great side dish if you’re having fish for lunch or dinner.
I hope you enjoy this recipe it’s easy, quick, and delicious!!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
Till next time 🙂 Have a lovely start to the week everyone!!
Garlic Roasted Artichokes and Potatoes
- 1 Non Stick pan
- 4 artichokes frozen, jarred, fresh (defrost artichokes) (jarred artichokes should be drained and patted dry) (fresh artichokes should be peeled)
- 3 garlic cloves whole
- 1 onion large, chopped
- cherry tomatoes
- 5 potatoes cut in havles
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon lemon juice, slices
- Preheat oven to 180c. Pour half of the olive oil into the baking pan and add in the artichokes.
- Peel the garlic cloves, chop the onion and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes into halves and add in the garlic cloves.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, the onion, salt, and pepper. Squeeze the lemon to get as much lemon juice as possible. garnish with lemon slices. Pour the rest of the olive oil.
- Roast for about 30 minutes until the artichokes have a brownish crusty topping and the potatoes are done. Garnish with the herb of your choice or dill. Serve hot.
KALI MAS OREXEI!!! 🙂