Hello everyone, I hope your weekend was a pleasant one. 🙂 We visited some friends that are in living in Germany, the weather was just amazing, sunny, yet chilly but you could sit outside and enjoy your coffee just fine. So, if you read my post on Friday, then you already know the mishap with the baking pan slipping from my hand and splattered all over the kitchen floor. (It took me about one hour to get the floor cleaned up) 🙁
So, for today’s recipe I decided that I was going to make a simple recipe which is a salad that is usually eaten during the summer, but I guess you already know by now that I eat salads and soups all year round because I just love them. 🙂 This salad would be a nice addition to the Thanksgiving table because this will give your tastebuds a nice refreshing surprise. This is why I love salads so much because sometimes you just need a small fork full of those chickpeas, feta cheese and a dash of dried tomatoes to do the trick. (This salad has one of my absolutely favorite ingredients Dried Tomatoes)
I found this recipe a while back, I was watching a Greek/ American Chef by the name of Yiannis Loukakos, he actually lives in the States, I think I read this somewhere maybe in a article? not sure 🙂 anyway, he is absolutely terrific!! Light, delicious, simple recipes just the way I like them. Check him out on Youtube I am sure you will enjoy watching him, and his cooking techniques. 🙂
Would love to hear your feedback if you do decide to make this salad.
CHICKPEA & DRIED TOMATO, FETA CHEESE SALAD
- 3 cups of Chickpeas boiled
- 1 small Carrot sliced into 4 pieces
- 1/2 Onion
- 6 Dried Tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 fresh Scallion chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Add chickpeas, sliced carrots and chopped onion into a pot of hot salted water. Boil for 20 minutes until chickpeas are ready.
- Slice dried tomatoes,
- chop fresh scallions,
- chop fresh parsley and set aside.
- When chickpeas have cooled off place into a large bowl along with ingredients, add olive oil, salt, feta cheese and give it a good toss.
- You can add garlic and roasted peppers if you wish along with a splash of Lemon juice if you wish but I omitted these three ingredients to make it a much lighter Salad.