Hiii!! One day before Thanksgiving and I am sure everyone is getting ready for the big lunch or dinner Thanksgiving celebration. There is so much to do for that one day from shopping, cooking, baking, getting the table set up. Ufff a lot of work!!! Unless you decide to eat out with your family hmmm this does sound like a good option. 🙂
I mentioned in a previous post since it is not a holiday in NL, we will celebrate Thanksgiving a bit later this year meaning the weekend. 🙂 I am still trying to find a Turkey for Saturday but my hopes are slowly vanishing, since there are none in the supermarkets in my area, buuuuttt I haven’t gone to all of them yet, I left one last supermarket for tomorrow, and if I can’t find one there then it’s going to be a Chicken Thanksgiving, which is just as good. 🙂
I have already written down what it is I want to make and the Mashed Potato recipe is definitely on my To Do list. I was debating if I should add cheese into the potatoes but I thought best not to because between the Feta Cheese, Brie and a few more cheeses it would just have been a bit too much.
I still have a bit more shopping to do so I am going to make this post shorter than usual. 🙂
I just want to wish my family and friends in the states and around the world a wonderful HAPPY THANKSGIVING, and to all my blogger friends HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! be safe and enjoy your day with your family and friends.
MASHED POTATO RECIPE
- 600 grams Potatoes peeled and boiled
- 50 grams of Butter melted
- 150 grams of Milk
- 150 grams of Heavy Cream
- Peel and boil potatoes, add into a pot filled with salted water and boil until soft. Set aside to cool off.
- In a separate pot add the milk, heavy cream, boil until thickened.
- Once the potatoes have cooled off, use a Potato Masher, add a bit of melted butter at a time. Once the potatoes have absorbed the butter add in the milk mixture and blend.
- You could add a few chives to make the taste a bit more dynamic if you wish, or leave it simple like I did and enjoy the delicious taste.