Hello!! Did everyone have a lovely Thanksgiving with family and friends? I would love to hear about your Thanksgiving 🙂 Did you have a lot to eat?? Turkey, or maybe just stuffing?? Was your dessert delicious, would love to hear about everyones day!!! 🙂
Uhhh, my saga continues with trying to find a Turkey for tomorrow, I went to the last supermarket to see if I they had any in the frozen food section, I looked around but nothing. I asked one of the employee I found, (he looked at me as if I was asking about something from out of this world!!), you should have seen the facial expressions!!! I was starting to get annoyed with him, now growing up in the states I know how to handle myself in these type of situations, but I also have the GREEK in me and this is completely different!! I gave him the Greek look, and a few Greek words hahahaha, for some of my Greek readers you know exactly what I mean when I say the Greek Look!! I told him to forget it and walked away and headed for the Chicken section. But wait there’s moreeee, I have to tell you what happened before I walked away, he went and asked all his other colleagues who were just as shocked as he was when they heard the word TURKEY!! What!! Turkey!! Now!! Noooooo!! Turkey!!!! ufffff I’m like SERIOUSLY!!!
I returned home and started on the appetisers, I started with making these little mini pies which kind of remind me a bit of the Greek Spanakopita, (Spinach Pie) but they have a slightly different taste due to the added Broccoli, Dill and Ricotta cheese. When I first came across this recipe a couple of years ago, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. I remember after taking them out of the oven, I set them aside and I couldn’t wait for the pies to cool off, so I tried one that was steaming hot!!! hot!! hot!! I was so surprised. The combination of these ingredients gave these little pies a smashing taste. 🙂 🙂 hehehe
Would love to hear some feedback if you try out these little Veggie Pies!!!
SPINACH, BROCCOLI & RICOTTA MINI CHEESE PIES
- 8 Sheets of Phyllo Dough
- 3 cups of Spinach frozen or fresh
- 1 1/2 cup of Broccoli Head frozen or fresh
- 1 Leek chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese optional
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 1/4 cup Dill
- 2 tablespoon Ketchup optional
- Olive Oil
- In a large pan add Olive Oil, chopped Leek and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add Spinach and Broccoli, into the pan and continue to simmer. (I used frozen for both of these two ingredients)
- Once it is ready set it aside to cool off before adding in the cheese. Combine all the ingredients salt, ketchup, (I added some ketchup because I wanted to give it a bit of a kicand combine thoroughly.
- Take the sheets cut them into long strips and brush olive oil, add about 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto the sheet.
- These pies can me made in shape or form you wish I am just used to making them into triangles. If this process seems difficult for you, you can always make little rolls.
- Place mini pies into baking pan and brush olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown depending on your oven at 180 degrees.