Hope everyone is doing well. It seems to me that there are way more Zucchini this year than last year. I’ve found different shapes and sizes and even colors in my local vegetable market. I’ve made a few recipes over the summer which I’ve just realized I never posted. Take this Zucchini Potato Salad recipe, for instance, I do love salads but how in the world did I forget to post this recipe?
This Zucchini Potato salad is certainly a healthy and light option for lunch because both the Zucchini and potatoes are boiled rather than fried or grilled. This dish goes way way way back, what a shock, I vividly remember sitting at the dinner table and seeing this dish my first thought was “What in the world is that!!” of course, I turned to my mother and she saw my face, hahahha my mom’s response. What!!???? Back then I wasn’t a fan of anything boiled.
I sliced the zucchini and potatoes into chunky pieces rather than thinly sliced. A salad of this kind needs to have chunky pieces so that you can taste each veggie in every bite. A thinly sliced veggie in a salad personally speaking looks more like pasta than a salad. But this is how I see it, but if you prefer thinly sliced then go make your perfect salad.
I have added sliced cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion to give the salad a milder taste rather than a yellow onion which has a stronger taste. I made an olive oil, red vinegar, and oregano dressing to drizzle over the salad. Here is another option, if you don’t want boiled veggies then you can actually add the zucchini raw. The texture of the raw zucchini is not harsh at all. No feta cheese this time but you can always garnish the salad with feta.
This Zucchini Potato Salad is a refreshing option for lunch a perfect summer salad for a perfect summer day.
Wishing everyone a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening
Zucchini Potato Salad
- 3 zucchini boiled and sliced
- 3 potatoes boiled and cubed
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 egg boiled
- 1 carrot large boiled and sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red vinegar
- ½ tbsp oregano
- salt optional
- ½ cup feta cheese optional
- Wash zucchini, potatoes, carrot. Slice off the edges of the zucchini and the carrots. Peel off the skin from the potato and carrot. Add into the water and boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside for an hour to cool off.
- Cut the zucchini into slices, slice the carrot, and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- In a large bowl, start by layering the bottom of the bowl with zucchini slices, potatoes, and carrots. Add in the sliced red onion and a few slices of cherry tomatoes. Continue the process until you reach the top.
- Add the olive oil, red vinegar, and oregano into a dressing shaker. Shake well and drizzle over the salad. If you need to add more olive oil or oregano just drizzle on top. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂