Hey there foodie friends,
This Artichoke with Feta Cheese Salad is a tasty idea for any table spread and also a great make-ahead recipe. It’s not Artichoke season in Europe but I was looking to make something other than a green salad for lunch. If it were Artichoke season I would not have bought jarred artichokes I would have bought fresh ones peeled them one by one, pour fresh lemon juice over them and then boil them. Sometimes, you just have to go with what you have on hand. I found jarred Artichoke hearts in the supermarket which worked just fine in this salad.
In this colorful Artichoke with Feta Cheese Salad, I’ve added Greek Green and Black Kalamata olives and cherry tomatoes. I believe each bite of this salad should have at least one cherry tomato and olive bursting with flavor. I sliced a large red onion and added as a herb dill combined together, and crumbled feta cheese on top. If you made a salad similar to this one before it could be the Tuscan Artichoke Salad, but there are no added Capers in this salad nor have I added garlic and a few other ingredients. It may look similar but it’s not, the feta cheese gives this salad a Greek tone.
For the dressing, I used fresh lemon juice instead of Balsamic vinegar. If I had used balsamic vinegar then the taste would have turned out sweeter, whereas the lemon juice gives the dressing a more sour taste to it. As for the added herb dill pairs up beautifully with artichokes so don’t be afraid to mix it up.
This refreshing colorful summer salad is a great Vegetarian and Vegan dish that is if you omit the feta cheese for Vegans. Another simple yet tasty classic Greek salad that gives you a refreshing feeling on another hot summer day.
Have a great morning/afternoon/evening 🙂
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!!
Artichoke and Feta Cheese Salad
- 2 jars artichoke hearts drained
- ½ cup green olives Greek kalamata
- ½ cup black olives Greek kalamata
- 1 lemon squeezed juice
- 1½ tbsp dill
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp oregano dry
- 1 red onion sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Drain excess water from jarred artichoke hearts. Divide into four equal parts and place into a large salad bowl.
- Combine all the olives, onion, dill, and cherry tomatoes. and toss. Add the ingredients to the artichoke hearts, except for the feta cheese.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper into a dressing shaker and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and give it a good few tosses. Place into the fridge for 30 minutes. Serve cold with garnished crumbled feta cheese.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂