The weather here is not the best because it is summer. It’s cloudy, rainy, and just blah. It feels more like winter than summer. Since we are stuck inside due to the heavy rainstorms instead of sitting on the couch I picked myself up from sitting on the couch and went to the kitchen to bake. Yep, I baked this Vanilla Cream Cheese Cake. This cake is my sinful treat, ohhhh
The first time I came across this recipe was a while back and it was on a cooking show. This was not a cooking show correction it was a baking show and it was Martha Stewarts. I tweaked this recipe to my own tasting because I prefer using plant-based butter and cake flour instead of all-purpose flour. And I also added Vanilla Bourbon paste because I just love it rather than using Vanilla extract. I just want to emphasize that where I live I can find a plant-based alternative for butter, but if you can’t then you can use the butter you prefer.
I loved how creamy the texture of this batter was with the added cream cheese and I think you will absolutely enjoy baking and eating this cake. 🙂
Have a great weekend!!
Vanilla Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- 3 cups Self-rising Cake flour
- 1 cup Butter plant-based (room temp)
- 1 cup Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 Eggs medium size
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1½ tbsp Bourbon Vanilla Paste
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180. Add room temperature cream cheese and butter in the mixing bowl and beat on high speed. Add in eggs one at a time.
- Add in self-rising cake flour one cup at a time and sugar and beat on high speed.
- Add Vanilla Bourbon Paste and beat.
- Butter cake mold
- Pour in batter and bake for 40 min. or until golden brown.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and or the topping of your choice.
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂