Hello everyone, I woke up this morning thinking that I should try something different this time and not post on Monday like I usually do, and post today. As an Aries 🙂 I like change and so I thought this week I would post on Sunday, Tuesday, Friday. 🙂 The reason I am doing this is because sometimes in our lives I believe we just need to mix things up, not be so organised, just let yourself go from the typical schedule. 🙂 So, on with today’s recipe which is a delicious classic Ham and Cheese Pie or Quiche. 🙂
This recipe is a simple put together if you have unexpected guests, or have planned a get together. With so many variations of pies in the Greek Cuisine from Cheese, Spinach, Meat. Leek, Caseropita, and even Fish, sometimes I find it hard which one to make. I had some left over Ham from some sandwiches I had made for my husband to take along to work. I cubed the Ham and added some cheese mixed the rest of the ingredients and Voilá it was ready to bake.
Have a good week everyone :
TASTY HAM AND CHEESE PIE (ZAMBONOTIROPITA)
- 10 Phyllo Dough Sheets
- 1 1/2 cups of Ham cubed
- 2 cups of Gouda or any Yellow Cheese cubed
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- Cut Ham into cubes,
- continue by cutting the Gouda or Yellow Cheese of your choice into cubes.
- In a large bowl add in Ham and Cheese and mix.
- Use butter throughly on Phyllo Dough
- In a buttered baking pan add the first 2 phyllo sheets and brush melted butter thoroughly.
- Continue by adding the Ham and Cheese mix and layer with the next two sheets of Phyllo Sheets, spread mix, continue the process until mix has finished. Top with the last 2 pieces of buttered Phyllo Sheets In a separate bowl and in the eggs, milk and whisk, pour batter over pie.
- Add into a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees and bake until golden brown. In my oven it took just about 30 minutes.