Hello everyone, I do hope that you are all doing well. We have been going through a heatwave which is just unreal for the Netherlands. Sleeping has been out of the question and I am exhausted and so is everyone else and of course Charlie is really having a rough time with the heat. A while back I had purchased a Doggie Cooling Mat, for those who do own doggies and have not yet come across this item please look into it and purchase it if possible it does wonders for the dog. If you don’t have air con and just a fan like we do this will help the dog if you do have air con then this is not necessary, unless you are planning on going on vacation somewhere with warm to hot climate then it is a must!! 🙂
This salad is a simple put together if you are not really in the mood to cook. With this heat I have not cooked anything and don’t plan too. Mainly cold plates will be on the top of the menu for the next few days. I added a few extra ingredients just to make it a bit more colorful and tastier, for instance I added a few Paprika Peppers along with Lemon juice & White Balsamic Vinegar gives this salad a delicious sweet and tangy taste. 🙂 I added Parsley instead of Coriander so for those who enjoy eating Coriander go ahead and substitute the parsley the taste will still be amazing.
CHICKPEA SALAD TOPPED WITH LEMON & WHITE BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 500 grams Chickpeas
- 2 medium size Onions chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Paprika Peppers marinated in Olive Oil chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley or Coriander diced
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- Soak chickpeas overnight. The following morning add into a pot with water and boil until soft. Set aside until chickpeas have cooled. In a large bowl add the chickpeas and chopped onions.
- Slice and chop bell pepper into cubes and add into bowl.
- Continue by adding chopped parsley and or coriander.
- I had already some left over paprika which I had baked a few days ago but you can find ready made paprika in the supermarket.
- Add into the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper & mix.