To all the Chocolate lovers out there in the world, do I have a dessert for you this Smooth Chocolate Mousse Dessert Recipe. So, last week I was watching one of my favorite Greek Chefs Vagelis Driskas prepare this simple recipe on his cooking show http://kathemerachef.gr which I just had to try.
This Smooth Chocolate Mousse Dessert Recipe only needs two ingredients. Actually, two ingredients let’s just say is not accurate. I posted this Chocolate Mousse on IG, and my good friend Caz from http://invisiblyme.com (if you haven’t checked out Caz’s blog yet please pop over and check it out) was right about the ingredients. There is one more little catch I should mention, the third ingredient is patience. This delicious dessert needs to rest overnight in the fridge. “Sooooo Sorrryyyy”
The Chef left his Chocolate Mousse in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Whereas, I left my Chocolate Mousse to rest overnight. I have made many similar recipes in the past and I found that if you leave it overnight the following day the texture is much smoother. Of course, you can just leave it in the fridge for a few hours if you don’t have the patience to wait, this is entirely up to you.
Hubby had no idea that I was preparing a Chocolate Mousse Dessert so I was able to hide the bowl in the back of the fridge…hehehehe You can imagine the surprise on his face when he saw this!!! I also added Grand Marnier into the Chocolate Mousse, just to give it a bit more of a boost.
Be strong withstand attacking the bowl for 24 hrs.
Have a great day everyone!!
Smooth Chocolate Mousse Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups whip cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- coarsely chopped chocolate
- 30 ml grand marnier liquer
- Place cream into sauce-pan. On low heat bring to a boil
- Place chocolate into bowl and add-in cream. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool. Once it has cooled cover and place the chocolate mix into the fridge and let it rest overnight. The following day let it stand at room temperature for one hour. Stir until smooth.
- Fold into four small cups and garnish with coarsely chopped chocolate.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂