Last year was a very busy year, filled with excitement and sadness. Once December came around I knew that I wanted to set new goals for 2023. One of my goals is to become more involved in baking. So, I purchased two baking cookbooks that I have started reading and using. While I was skimming through the cookbook I found a recipe chocolate chip, pecan cookie recipe. I had already baked brownies so I didn’t want to add chocolate so I made Pecan Cookies. I found pecans in my local market the other day, I bought two bags did the rest of my shopping, and headed home. The following morning I took out the butter, scale, and the rest of the ingredients. I roasted the pecans in the air fryer for 10 minutes, a quicker option.
One of the goals I am working on is starting my own podcast. As you already know I did take part in a podcast with a chef friend called “Behind the Greek Apron”. Unfortunately, we had to stop the podcast because my friend started working on other projects and could not continue. I so enjoyed being a podcaster even though I am still very new but I decided that I wanted to start my own podcast. I have already chosen the name and now it’s about finding the time to start recording.
My second project/goal is to start baking, I think it’s time I up my game with baking. It is something that I stayed away from mainly because it was always the issue of the exact amount of flour, and sugar, you know what I mean. Cooking is a whole different game, you’re able to experiment, develop, and play around with a variety of spices, oils, and other delicious ingredients. Speaking of ingredients I added a bit more vanilla extract just because…:).
I’m really proud of myself, the cookies were sooo good!! I am glad that I decided to up my game. 🙂
Wishing everyone a great weekend!! See ya next time
Pecan Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup pecans roasted, chopped
- 1 cup flour shifted
- ¾ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180c. Mix butter and sugar for a few minutes. Add vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute.
- Add sifted flour, and salt into the butter batter and use a spatula to combine the dough.
- Fold in the roasted chopped pecans. Use a spatula to combine.
- Separate the cookie dough into 12 pieces. Shape the dough into separate balls. The size depends on how big you want each cookie. I shaped them a bit bigger than a walnut. Place on parchment paper a few cm/inches apart. Flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool in the baking pan or on a cookie sheet.
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂