During the holidays’ everyone spends hours in the kitchen baking. Vanilla Butter Cookies, Gingerbread cookies, cakes, and of course our very own Greek New Years’ cake. So, I did continue to work on my baking skills, I baked a Greek Vasilopita, cookies, and these delicious Mini Chocolate Bundt Sponge Cakes. Don’t get me wrong I was truly happy with the end results.
But while I was in the kitchen for hours I came to this conclusion once again. I love to cook more than I love to bake. With cooking, I don’t have to calculate and weigh every single ingredient. Whereas with baking OMG every single ingredient needs to be precise!! Cooking is definitely more relaxing a little of this a little of that and “oops too much salt well ok I’ll just throw in a peeled potato and it will soak up the excess salt” that’s me thinking out loud. (I have been doing this a lot lately) So, after working on my baking skills I decided that I will stick with cooking and do a lotttt less baking. 🙂
This was the last recipe of my personal baking challenge in 2020. I posted this recipe back in 2017, it was a chocolate sponge cake garnished with chocolate ganache. This time I omitted the chocolate ganache and decided to change the look and sugar-coated the mini cakes. I have only four cake molds, but this batter makes around six, so just keep that in mind if you decide that you would like to try out this recipe. 🙂
Have a great day everyone and I’ll be back soon with my first soup recipe for 2021!!
Mini Chocolate Bundt Sponge Cakes
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour sift flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Brandy
- ¾ cup Cocoa Powder sift cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Butter room temp
- Salt pinch
- Sugar powder
- Beat sugar and butter on medium speed until the texture is soft. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl except for the cocoa. Beat eggs at high speed until fluffy and stiff.
- Gradually add whisked eggs into dry ingredients and beat on medium speed. Add brandy, vanilla, salt. Add in the cocoa powder and beat at low speed. Pour batter into mini molds.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180. Set aside to cool and garnish with sugar powder
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂