Hi everyone, hope all is good!!! Yesterday, was the Children’s Cooking Workshop that I had mentioned a while back and what can I say except that it was wonderful…:) I had decided on making Chicken Soulvaki with Peta Bread and Greek Salad. I arrived around 10:00 am, and that gave me more than enough time to prepare the Chicken Souvlaki. 🙂 The children were fantastic they helped out in every way they could by cutting the Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers and finally topping the salad with Feta Cheese. It was an all around lovely day with much fun and laughter.
I did get back rather late so I needed to work on the recipe for today, and so since summer is coming to an end for most around the world…Schools will start in a few weeks, others are coming back from vacationing, 🙁 I thought what better way to start off this morning with this delicious Blueberry Marmalade on my toast. A lovely start in the morning is always the first meal of the day and I am a firm believer that Breakfast is very important. If you love Blueberries try out this very simple recipe and let me know what you think!!!
P.S. I will now be able to catch up with everyones posts. 🙂
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY MARMALADE
- 5 cups Blueberries
- 4 cups Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract optional
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- Wash Blueberries thoroughly and drain excess water.
- In a large sauce pan add in the Blueberries and Sugar.
- Add in Lemon juice,
- Heat on low to medium heat and boil until all the sugar has been absorbed.
- Add in the tablespoon of Vanilla Extract and slightly stir Blueberries.
- Boil until most of the Blueberries have melted and thickened. The Marmalade needs to cool off so it is best to leave it out overnight.
- The following morning place in a jar and enjoy your delicious homemade Blueberry Marmalade on toasted bread along with a great cup of coffee!