I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday, enjoying the beach, pool or just having coffee, lunch, dinner or drinks with friends or family. It is very quiet in our area because everyone is still on vacation here and the only thing you hear are birds chirping, ducks quacking and butterflies flying around looking beautiful. Charlie is back running around in the garden just having fun, the weather has finally become cooler so this is just perfect. 🙂
A couple of months ago I posted a delicious Orzo Salad with Peas, so this time around I added Corn!!! This recipe has been going around for a while now, and I needed to try it out and see for myself how good it is. 🙂 I tweaked it by adding Olive oil and a bit of Red Pepper flakes, and I also drained the Vegetable Broth instead of having the Orzo soak it all up.
This is the last of the Orzo that my mom brought up when she was visiting last December, so hopefully I will be able to pickup some when I am back in Greece for a few days. You can use any small pasta that you wish instead of Orzo but believe me the Orzo does make the difference in the dish. 🙂
ORZO SALAD WITH CORN
- 2 cups Orzo
- 1 litre of Vegetable Broth/Chicken Broth
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 cups Corn
- 1/4 cup of Dry White Wine
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes pinch
- Chop or dice Onion…(I prefer bigger pieces of Onion)
- Orzo or any small pasta of your choice.
- In a large pot add in the olive oil and onion, sauté.
- In the meantime start preparing the Vegetable Broth so it is ready to use. If you don’t have Veggies to make your own, store bought is just as good or if you wish you can use Chicken Broth instead 🙂
- Once the onion is ready add in the Orzo and stir continuously,
- Add in the wine and the rest of the ingredients, except for the corn. Now, if you want to eat this hot and not as a salad add a bit more then just a pinch of Red Peppers Flakes. ( If you are not into Red Peppers Flakes then you can omit this ingredient completely)
- Boil the Vegetable Broth along with the Orzo on low heat for 1/2 hour, this should be enough time for the Orzo to soften up, if not then boil for a bit more until Orzo is soft. Add in the corn and boil for another 15 minutes. Drain excess Vegetable Broth 🙂
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and fresh Scallions and serve hot or cold