This recipe is usually made during the Winter Season rather than in the Summer, at least this is what I think just because it is not a light meal, and with the heat I believe we should be eating cold and lighter dishes. The weather here the past few days has been a bit more chilly, sunny but wonderfully chilly, so this gave me a chance to make this recipe 🙂 No heatwaves woo hooo! I have been trying to pack for our trip but I still have not finished some other projects that I have taken on I am hoping to finish by Tuesday of next week.
This is a lovely Greek Beef Stew with a bit of twist, I have added a few tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar. Yep! and it tastes fabulous, the reason is that the vinegar gives this recipe a slight tangy taste. The traditional Greek Beef Stew has no Vinegar, and it is not made in a slow cooker but it does cook for over 2 hours on low heat so that the meat can become tender.
As for me I love to discover new tastes in old recipes this is what I have been doing for a while. 🙂 Try it out and let me know your thoughts!! 🙂
Have a lovely weekend everyone!! 🙂
DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES & CARROTS (MOSCHARAKI ME PATATES KAI KAROTA)
- 1 kilo Beef cut into smaller size
- 4 fresh Tomatoes grated
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste optional
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 cups small Potatoes or Larger Potatoes cut into halves
- 1 1/2 cup Carrots
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar optional
- Pinch of Flour
- Pepper optional
- Cut Beef into cubes, and place into slow cooker along with a pinch of flour…just enough to cover the beef.
- Wash and drain potatoes,
- continue the same process with the carrots.
- Chop or dice onions…( i prefer large pieces in the stew)
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker along with the Balsamic Vinegar…
- Cover and let this cook for 6 hrs, this is how long it took in my slow cooker. 🙂
- Top off with grated cheese and enjoy this delicious dish!!