Hi there, How is everyone? A small update about my Yoga Classes, I have not been able to find another time slot to start. So, it seems that the lessons will have to wait for a later date, and yes I know that I can do Yoga at home, but I don’t want to start doing Yoga at home because I do everything else at home. Work, Blog, Read, Write, I need to get out of the house and talk to human beings. hehehehe.
This coming Sunday is the Greek Easter. We are preparing to celebrate Easter and since today is our Good Friday, I thought this Potato Pie would be a great dish for Lunch. This recipe has no butter, just Olive Oil and a few more delicious yummy ingredients. I have mentioned in the past that I like to substitute Onions with Leek, well I did it again and it tastes fabulous. 🙂
Since, my mom is here for the Easter holiday, she offered to help out with the recipe by making the dough. Now, you can always use Phyllo Dough Sheets which is what I was going to do in the first place. But on the other hand who would give up the opportunity of eating homemade Puff Pastry Dough. 🙂 If you are interested in trying out your rolling pin skills, I will post the Puff Pastry Sheet recipe in a future post.
This specific pie took about 2 hours to bake, so keep this mind if you decide that you would like try out this recipe.
Have a great weekend everyone!! See ya next week 🙂
GREEK VEGETARIAN POTATO PIE RECIPE
- 2 kilos Potatoes boiled
- 2 Leeks sliced
- 3 Roasted Red Paprikas in Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dill
- 6 Phyllo Dough Sheets or 2 homemade Puff Pastry Sheets
- Boil potatoes in salt water.
- Slice Leek.
- Chop Parsley
- Slice Peppers into long strips.
- Sauté leek, peppers in 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Pour in the Olive Oil and give it a good stir.
- In a large bowl add the boiled potatoes and use a potato masher, add in the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Oil brush the baking pan and add the first sheet of puff pastry dough.
- Place the mixture onto the pastry sheet and spread evenly.
- Place the second sheet of oil brushed puff pastry sheet onto the mixture. Press excess dough into the baking pan.
- Keep in mind that this pie takes about 2 hours to bake at 180 degrees.