Hello everyone!!! How was your Easter? I hope it was a lovely one spent with friends and family. 🙂 I will be celebrating Easter this Sunday April 28th, our Easter is usually a week later. 🙂
The weather continues to be good to us, and we all do hope that it continues into next week. I decided to go with this delish Vegetarian recipe for today, I had all the ingredients. Simple enough, and not much time spent in the kitchen. The last time I made this recipe I was so amazed at the color combination Red, Green, Orange. 🙂 This is exactly what I have been learning in the Food Photography workshop I have been following.
Color combination plays a big role in Food Photography, so keep that in mind for those Food Bloggers who are starting out now. 🙂 When I started food blogging 2 years ago, I had no idea that there are so many little tips and tricks. 🙂
Enjoy the recipe!!!
Have a great week!!
VEGETARIAN PASTA BOLOGNESE SAUCE RECIPE
- 2 large Carrots grated
- 1/2 Medium size Onion
- 1 Large Zucchini or 2 medium size Zucchinis grated
- 4 Fresh Tomatoes puree
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Celery Stick chopped
- 200 grams Lentils boiled
- 1 package Pasta
- In a large sauce pan pour in the Olive Oil, and grated Carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in the grated Zucchini, sauté the ingredients for another 10 minutes.
- Place tomatoes into a blender or a food process and puree.
- Add in the tomatoes and continue stirring. Boil Pasta (of your choicin salted water.
- Finish by adding in the Lentil, celery, salt, pepper and 2 cups of water. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce has thicken.
- Place Pasta into a bowl and top with this delicious Bolognese. 🙂