It is officially Summer and the summer season brings around so many delicious vegetable recipes. Take this recipe for example a Roasted Mixed Vegetable recipe which is called Briam in Greek. I guess most of you may know it as Ratatouille. Interesting name Ratatouille let’s just say the name still freaks me out. I will tell you a little story in my next post. The scrumptious meal is made with Aubergine, Zucchini, Onions, Peppers, Garlic marinated together in olive oil. There are many new cooks out there who may not know what Aubergines are this is just another name for Eggplants.
I have found over the years that many use thyme and rosemary herbs. Personally, I think this is a strong combination of herbs for this recipe. I prefer to use the herb combo of parsley and dill and both were grown in my herb garden. 🙂 I found some really juicy tomatoes at the supermarket the other day. I peeled and grated the tomatoes and added them into this mix instead of tomato puree.
One more tip pre-heat the oven at 180 but once you put it in the pan bring it up to 200 for 1 hour. This Greek Roasted Vegetable dish is a great option for those who are vegetarians and for those who are not.
Have a great day and week everyone!! 🙂
Greek Roasted Vegetables (Briam)
- 6 Aubergines (Eggplants) sliced or cubed
- 4 Zucchini (large) sliced
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Bell Pepper (yellow) sliced
- 5 Tomates grated
- 1 Leek sliced
- 4 Potatoes (medium) sliced (optional)
- 2 Garlic Cloves optional
- Dill handfull (choped)
- Parsley handfull (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups Olive Oil
- ½ liter Water
- Pre heat oven at 180. Add sliced or cubed vegetables into baking pan.
- Chop parsley and dill.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the pan and give it a good few stirs.
- Bake at 200 for 1 hour. This dish tastes great hot or cold. Serve with Feta Cheese and Greek Olives.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂