Hey there foodie friends,
How was your weekend? I woke up on Saturday thinking that it was time to bake. Chocolate was definitely not a key ingredient this time around. I had a few apples in my fruit bowl, so it was the perfect opportunity to make an Apple Cake. This easy Apple Cake recipe is a much lighter version of the normal Apple cake and the reason is the added vegetable oil. The ingredients for this Apple cake recipe are the same as the basic cake. The difference this time is that I did not slice the apple into thin pieces but cut them into cubes. This way each bite you take gives you a bit of apple. I sprinkled powdered sugar on top to give it a more decadent look.
Oh, one more little detail which I almost forgot to mention is that I used self-rising flour and this because it was just much easier. I was experimenting to see if this was going to work because I remember in the past I had tried self-rising flour in another cake and it just flopped. I preheated the oven to 150c and left it there so it took just under an hour to bake. The reason I left the temperature at 150c is that I would have a moist cake texture. This also helps apple chunks to soften. I sprinkled brown sugar into the apples rather than caster sugar, for the rest of the batter II used fine granulated sugar it’s a much better option.
What I love about this cake is that it’s moist inside and crunchy outside, a simple light, and delicious cake that you can make in under an hour. A delicious treat for your family, and guests.
Have a great rest of the week everyone!!
Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- 1 mixer
- 1 bundt silicone mold
- 1 bowl large
- 1 apple corer
- 1 spatula
- 3 red apples peeled, chopped
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 eggs medium
- 1½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- powdered sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 150C.
- Wash, peel, and core the apples. Cut apples into cubes, place in a large bowl add the brown sugar, and cinnamon powder give it a quick stir with a spatula.
- Add the eggs and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour, lemon juice, vanilla extract, salt, and vegetable oil. Continue to mix until it turns into a thick batter.
- Butter your mold and add in one portion of the batter, then add in the cubed apples and top off with the rest of the batter.
- Bake at 150C until golden brown or when the edges of the cake have pulled away from the mold.
- Set aside to cool off and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂