This has been a resting my throat kind of weekend. I speak about 10 hours per day and that is quite challenging. So, I grabbed the chance this weekend to not talk tooo much. Since hubby has been feeling a bit tired and sleeping most of the weekend, this gave me the opportunity to try out for the first time Primevideo.com. I was going through the various series that is on this site and I came across Downton Abbey. I was curious to start this one because everyone is raving about it. Buttt as I continue to scroll down I found a TV series called “The good fight”.
I watched the first episode and I was hooked.. a Law series about a financial scam. Law, It’s right up my alley. 🙂 I said I would watch 3 episodes, and I did, and after almost 3 hours I needed a break. Hubby is now allowed to add sugar into his diet, so I decided to make a really simple Chocolate Vanilla Cake. My mom gave me this recipe many years ago, and I have stuck with it for somewhat of more than 30 yrs that I have been cooking. 🙂 Wow!! that is a long time. 🙂
When the cake was done I set it aside to cool off, and went back to continue watching the show. I ended up watching 8 more epidoses and I was up until abouuut ohhhhh 2:30 am. 🙂 It was time to go to bed, so as I was about to close the TV I noticed that there are 3 additional seasons…ohhh this is going to be good!!! If you’re like me and like to watch Law movies or TV series, check it out you might like it.
Wishing everyone a wonderful week!! 🙂
Chocolate - Vanilla Loaf Sponge Cake
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup of Baking Chocolate or Bitter Chocolate
- 1 cup Butter (room temp)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 200Mix dry ingredients and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, eggs, flour and baking powder into the dry ingredients and mix until comibined.
- Divide the mixture into two parts.
- Melt Chocolate or bitter baking bar and add into one half of the mixture.
- Spray or brush butter all over Loaf pan. Start by adding one tablespoon of Vanilla into one corner, continue with one tablespoon next to the Vanilla mixture. Continue the process until noth parts are done.
- Use a skewer to swirl around the mixture.
- Bake until skewer comes out clean. Place on baking rack to cool off. This can also be served warm with a scoop of Ice Cream.
KALI MAS OREXEI!!! 🙂