I am sure that at some point everyone has tried the Black-Eyed Bean soup in one version or another. I love all sorts of soups and today, let’s just say the weather is cold, cloudy and pffff…! Oh and I forgot to mention windy!!! I am sitting at my desk at the moment, looking out at this tree in my front garden which is quite tall, and due to the strong winds one of it’s branches keeps banging on the window. (I think that says it all in regards to the weather). 🙁
Back to soups, always a good choice for any time of the year, at least in my home. I have come across so many lovely recipes from bloggers friends and bloggers from all over the world that I would love to try to make in the future 🙂
This is a definite MUST on my To-Do list. 🙂 I hope you enjoy, let me know if you try this out….have a great day everyone!! 🙂
BLACK-EYED BEAN SOUP (MAUROMATIKI SOUPA)
- 400 grams Black – eyed beans
- 3 fresh Tomatoes diced
- 30 grams of White rice
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato paste
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh or dried Oregano
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Tomotoes grated
- The following day in a large sauce pan, add beans and just enough water to cover the beans and boil for a 1/2 hr. This step should actually be done twice before starting the cooking process.
- Boil for 1/2 hr on low heat and then add in the Olive Oil, Oregano, Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, Rice, Onion, Salt and Pepper. Let this boil on low heat for 1 hr.