I guess you might have noticed that I enjoy eating Aubergines, this is such a delicious recipe that I just had to share this with you. You might be thinking right about now “‘baked Cottage Cheese” yes, baked and seriously delicious.
BAKED AUBERGINE & ZUCCHINI TOPPED WITH COTTAGE CHEESE CASSEROLE
- 1 kilo Aubergines/Eggplants sliced
- 1 Zucchini sliced
- 2 medium size Onions diced
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 kilo fresh Tomatoes grated and 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves diced optional
- 1 1/2 cups Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- Place sliced Aubergines and brush with vegetable oil into baking pan and bake until Aubergines have softened.
- Crush garlic cloves….
- Add olive oil into a sauce pan, the ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place Zucchini on the bottom of the baking pan, and start to tightly roll Aubergines. Place one next to the other and around the pan. Aubergines should be tightly rolled.
- Pour tomato sauce into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. Once this is ready top by adding Cottage Cheese or any cheese of your choice, bake for another 15 minutes. That’s it 🙂