If your looking to make a change in the dessert/snack area here is a nice change from the regular desserts which we love to eat with chocolate or vanilla filling. I made this Almond Brittle earlier today and enjoyed a piece or two with a nice cup of late afternoon tea. 🙂
ALMOND BRITTLE (PASTELLI AMYGDALOU)
- 100 grams Almonds
- 225 grams of Light Brown Sugar
- On a sheet of baking paper add the almonds and bake for 1/2 hour at 180 degrees and until brown. Once they have baked set them aside to cool.
- Crush almonds into smaller pieces.
- Add the sugar in a frying pan. This amount of sugar makes it a bit sweet, you can use less sugar if you prefer.
- Let the sugar melt completely.
- Add in the crushed almonds and combine both ingredients.
- Place mix on a baking sheet and spread. Let this cool off. Once this is ready use a spacula to remove the brittle from the baking sheet. Cut into pieces, it’s best to use your hands to cut into small pieces…:)