I hope everyone had a good week, mine has been a bit hectic but it looks like everything is slowly getting back to normal. I needed to put together something very quickly to eat because these past few days, I have not been sleeping or eating well. I truly was not in any mood for any sort of meat, so this recipe was simple with a few ingredients and a whole bunch of mushroom taste.
It definitely is not one of those one pot dinners, but what I do love about this dish is that I can enjoy it either hot or cold. 🙂
MUSHROOM, ORZO, AND PEA SALAD
- 350 grams of Orzo
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 250 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups frozen Peas
- 1 Onion diced Optional
- Parmesan Cheese for topping
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Boil chicken broth with orzo, and peas for 1/2 hr and until orzo is cooked. Once cooked drain and set aside.
- Sliced mushrooms.
- In a frying pan add the olive oil, and mushrooms. Stir mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add the orzo and pea mix into the mushrooms and mix for 10 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy a lovely, light, delicious, hot or cold dish. 🙂