Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!!! 🙂 Wishing everyone a lovely and loving day!!!
So, the weather has been good to us here, we have been having much sun but with low temperatures so this is great for taking long walks with Charlie and just enjoying the outdoors.
When we returned from our morning walk, I had all the ingredients ready for this recipe on the counter. If you have gone on vacation to Greece, I am sure some have tried the Chicken Pie, if not well here is a recipe that is put together very quickly. The pie I made this morning has fewer ingredients than usual, reason being is that my hubby has an ulcer so, leek and onions are out of the question so I came up with this version..I hope you enjoy it!!
CHICKEN BAKED WITH PHYLLO & FETA CHEESE (KOTOPITA)
- 500 grams Chicken boiled & shredded
- 2 medium size Eggs
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 6 sheets of Phyllo Dough
- Chop and boil chicken.
- When the boiled chicken has cooled off shred with a fork.
- Slightly beat 2 eggs before adding into the chicken.
- Toss into the shredded chicken the cheese and eggs and a pinch of salt.
- Brush baking pan with olive oil and start to slowly layer the 3 sheets of Phyllo.
- Add in the chicken mixture.
- Layer the last 3 sheets of phyllo on top of the chicken mixture and brush each sheet with olive oil.