At the beginning of the New Year I set a few goals, one of those goals was to try to post at least 3 recipes a week. But, it seems that I am not at point with this goal so far this month and I am hoping to get back on track soon. I have been trying to catch up on reading for my Dutch lessons, (mindset is really not into this) and helping my husband recover from his Ulcer, thank god he is much better and back at work. 🙂
What a day we were having yesterday, we saw a bit of all 4 seasons in one day. A little after 2 pm this beautiful sun came out and just kinda made my day. 🙂 I went to the market to pick up a few things, and I found these absolutely beautiful Roma Tomatoes. I knew right away that these were the perfect choice for the tomato soup recipe I had in mind.
After quickly shopping at the market I returned home to get ready to go meet my brother but something came up so instead he came over later in the day for a cup of coffee. 🙂 We spent a lovely afternoon chatting away about various things that are going on in our lives.
Once my brother left I started working on the recipe, it turned out better than I expected. Enjoy!!!
A BOWL OF HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP
- 1 Leek finely chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 stick of Celery chopped
- 1/2 cup of Mushrooms
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 3 fresh Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato Paste optional
- Bukovo Red Pepper Flakes
- In a large pot add in the olive oil and add the celery, mushrooms, carrot, leek. Stir until crispy.
- Continue by adding in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add in the chicken broth and boil for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- Once boiled pour the tomato soup into a blender and pulp. I used a hand blender which I placed into the pot. If you have something similar it is perfect for pulping if not use a strong blender. Place the tomato soup into the pot and reduce heat and boil for 1/2 hour. Top with a bit of cheese and spicy Bukovo 🙂