Hello and how is everyone? I hope the week has started off well for everyone 🙂 I have been busy these past few days, I have been trying to catch up on some courses and reading all of your posts and trying to respond to all the lovely comments I have received but I am still behind. I am also trying to pack because we will be leaving in about a week’s time for a small vacation, heading back to Greece to visit family.
I will continue posting while I am away but I won’t be posting any of my homemade dishes but I will be posting other delicious Greek dishes 🙂 With that being said here is a delicious appetiser filled with Aubergines, Tomatoes and Cheeseeeeeee!!!! I love Aubergines, and appetisers tasting, dipping, spreading, a little of this a little of that yummm. I bought a few Aubergines the other day and wasn’t really sure what to do with them fry or bake them or make a dip…hmmmm I thought about it for a while and went with baking them along with a few other delicious ingredients. Summer time is great for appetisers…so if you want to try a delicious appetiser give this one a try.
TOMATO MARINATED AUBERGINES TOPPED WITH MOZZARELLA
- 6 Tomatoes grated
- 2 Aubergines sliced
- 1 Cinnamon Stick or 2 tablespoons Cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Oregano and Parsley
- 2 cups Parmesan shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon of Ketchup
- Olive Oil
- Slice Aubergines into thin slices,
- Once you have grated the tomatoes, add into a small sauté pan a few tablespoons of olive oil along with sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, oregano, parsley and Ketchup. Stir and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Add baking paper into your baking pan and place Aubergines in a row. Sprinkle Olive Oil and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
- Once the sauce and Aubergines are ready, add into the baking pan a row of Aubergines, then sauce and continue the process.
- When you have reached to the top of the baking pan sprinkle Parmesan (or any melting cheese of your choicand Mozzarella.
- Bake at 180 degrees in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour.