Friday, end of week and the weekend just a few hours away in this part of the world. I hope you all had a good week and looking forward to your weekend plans.
This recipe is a bit different than the usual stuffed Cannelloni, I have tweaked it with some of my added ingredients, but it still tastes delicious. The first time I made this recipe many years ago, I got one of those looks as if I was crazy, but when everyone at our dinner table tried it their expressions changed dramatically.
I love how Leek, mozzarella combines nicely with the feta cheese giving it a smooth but a bit rich taste. Give it a try and see for yourself 🙂
STUFFED CANNELLONI WITH LEEK-FETA-MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- 1 box Cannelloni should have about 20 pieces
- 4 Leeks chopped
- 3 small packages of Mozzarella
- 450 grams Feta Cheese
- 150 grams of Parmesan or any cheese that comes close to Parmesan
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chopped Leek and place into a small sauce pan with just enough water to cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Grate the Feta and Mozzarella on the wide side of the grader
- Once the Leek is drained, squeeze so that all the excess water is gone.
- Add into Feta and Mozzarella mix and mix
- Fill the Cannelloni
- Beat the eggs with the cream and pour over the Cannelloni. Bake at 180 for 35 minutes. Sometimes the Cannelloni tend to burn a bit, like mine did this time around. 🙁 Just pour a bit of the left over cream, and it work out nicely.