Hi!!! I finished painting our living/dining area yesterday, I did a pretty good job for someone who really doesn’t know much about painting. Just to be sure, I looked up a few videos on youtube on “how to paint a room for beginners” hahahaha.
I am a bit tired, so I wanted to make something that was nutricious and gave me a little bit of an uplift, so what soup can do that for me? hmmm Lentil soup was my choice. The nutrients that exists in this soup from fiber to vitamins, are so beneficial for our bodies!!, and the greatest part about eating Lentil is it’s low in calories 🙂 and since my husband drives all day long this soup is absolutely the best choice. I make this soup quite often at least once a week during the Winter and the Summer because I believe this can be eaten either hot or cold. (But that’s just me) 🙂
There are two ways to cook this soup with tomatoes or without, I enjoy both versions, but this time around I wanted to share with you the tomato version. 🙂
FAKES SOUPA (LENTIL SOUP)
- 300 grams Lentil boiled
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Potato chopped
- 2 whole Garlic cloves
- 150 grams Bacon cut into small pieces
- 3 Daphne Leaves/Bay Leaves
- 2 teaspoons of Tomato Paste
- 2 Fresh tomatoes grated
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Boil Lentil for at least 15 minutes and drain.
- In a large soup pan, add about 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil and sauté the Bacon.
- Add in Onion, Carrot, Potato, Bell Pepper, Garlic, and stir.
- Toss in the lentil and continue to stir, so that all is nicely combined.
- Add water, grated tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup Olive Oil and Bay leaves, bring to a boil and let it simmer on low heat for about 1 hour.