How is everyone? Yesterday I worked for 14 hours and was to tired to finish decorating my tree. I did work again today, but I found some time later this afternoon to finish my Christmas Tree. After a long day of work I would decorate the house little by little just to give it that lovely warm, cozy feeling. 🙂
The color tones I chose to decorate my house with this year are Red, Gold and of course Warm White. My tree this year has been decorated with more lights than ornaments. The reason is that last year Charlie would go to the tree and play with the Christmas balls. hahahhaha and almost knocked over the tree. So, this year I was careful…..no low hanging Christmas ornaments it was as simple as that. Ohhh he did hang around while I was decorating the tree, watching every move I made and waited for me to step away for a few minutes…I kept an eye on him just in case he decide to go for the tree. 🙂
Speaking of simple, here is a very simple, quick Spinach and Mushroom Stew. It’s a One Pot recipe, through all the ingredients into the pot and let it cook for under 30 minutes. Granted that this may not be a recipe that most would enjoy eating because of the Mushrooms, but just give a try. I know many people who do not like to eat Mushrooms but I love them. Roasted, Grilled, in soups, baked…fried!! Just love them…so maybe trying out the recipe might just change your mind.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Spinach Mushroom Vegetable Stew
- 1 package White Mushrooms
- 1 package Portobello Mushrooms
- ½ cup Dill (finely chopped)
- 1 package Baby Spinach
- 1 package Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1½ cup Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 fresh Tomatoes (grated or chopped)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Slice Mushrooms
- Slice or leave whole ( I sliced the Portobello Mushrooms because they are quite big)
- On a low to medium heat add in oil and mushrooms. Saute for a few minutes and then add in the rest of the Vegetables.
- Pour the Worcestershire Sauce. Saute and leave to cook for a few minutes.
- Add in Baby Spinach, Tomato Paste and the grated fresh Tomatoes. Leave on fire for 30 minutes so that the sauce can thicken.
- Serve hot with fresh bread and cheese.