Wednesdayyy right in the middle of the week. I finally got the opportunity to make my Bean and Mushroom Veggie Burger. While I was in Greece over the summer, I tried to make a similar one but it just didn’t work out and I gave up. The patty I made was flatter and not very appealing to the eye. 🙂 (I am not sure if this will be appealing to the eye) 🙂 This time it worked out, and I was very pleased with the result. A much healthier version of a hamburger. With beans and mushrooms and lots of other delicious ingredients and spices that I think you might enjoy.
I grow my own herbs, salads, amongst other things. And so the taste of the Parsley and the Dill are much more intense than the store bought. If you haven’t set any goals for 2020, maybe growing your own herbs can be one. 🙂 I have set a few goals of my own for 2020, I just hope I am able to accomplish them. 🙂
Since the holidays are coming up soon, maybe I should start on some Christmas baking. I am usually the one that cooks for our Christmas dinner, but this year I want to do something different. I have no idea what that will be but I am hoping to come up with a good idea. 🙂
Have a great day!!
Kidney Bean and Mushroom Veggie Burger
- 2 cups Kidney Beans
- 2 cups Mushrooms (chopped)
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ cup Dill (finely chopped)
- Leave beans overnight to soak in water or buy packaged beans that you can find in your local Supermarket. The following day wash and drain bean.
- In a large skillet add the mushroom, saute for a few minutes.
- Chop onion and add into the mushrooms. Stir for 2 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add in all the ingredients.
- Combine thoroughly
- Make 4 to 6 Veggie patties, and put into pre-heated oven at 180 for 20 minutes. Serve on a Hamburger roll with a side order of Oven baked Paprika French Fries.