I’m back and I do hope that you are all well. 🙂 Thank you again for all your lovely messages, truly very appreciated. 🙂
I am trying to get back to my routine but it is always difficult after a break. I was going to start out the a delicious Artichoke recipe which is a delicious summer dish, but I decided to go with my Greek Meatball recipe. When we arrived back in NL it was quite cold so the Spicy Meatball Recipe was a better option. 🙂
I marinated the Meatballs overnight in Tomato Sauce and then slow cooked them for about 3 hours on low heat. This make the meat more tender and it absorbs all those delicious tastes in the sauce. In the sauce to make a spicy I added a pepper flakes. I think I overdid it a bit because it wasn’t just spicy it was wayyyyy to hot and spicy…:) We were gulping down that water so fast!!! hehehhehe
Have a lovely day everyone!! 🙂
SPICY GREEK MEATBALLS MARINATED IN TOMATO SAUCE
- 500 grams of minced Beef
- 1 or 2 Onions grated
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves grated
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- Parsley optional
- 1 Egg
- Tomato Sauce
- 6 Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 cup Tomato Juice
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Pepper Flakes
- In a large bowl place in all the ingredients and combine.
- Roll into small round balls.
- Place into a baking pan.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and bake for 30.
- Set Meatballs aside to cool off.
- In a sauce pan add in the all the ingredients for the Tomato Sauce.
- Simmer for 1 hour. Let the sauce cool off.
- In a large bowl add in the Meatballs along with the Tomato Sauce and place in the fridge overnight.
- Add Meatballs into Tomato Sauce and cook for 1 hour.