Happy Easter foodie friends,
I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter holiday with family and friends and let’s hope next year things will be back to normal again. So, let’s talk about SALADS. I haven’t shared a salad recipe in a while so here is one that might be of interest to you my fellow foodie friends my Spicy Chickpea Spinach Salad Recipe.
A Salad is usually the main course for me. This time this delicious Spicy Chickpea Spinach Salad was a side dish. I had prepared roasted salmon marinated in herbs for our main course but I was hesitant to add a green salad, so I went with this spicy treat. This simple salad has a wonderful combination of flavors and colors. I spiced it up a bit with Chili flakes and added tomato paste to make it unique.
Chickpeas seem to be one of those love-hate relationships for many. I’m not sure why this is but I have come across many who do not enjoy eating chickpeas. I thought about this for a while and it came down to the name Chick and pea. That’s got to be it! What do you think?
Have a great day everyone!!
Spicy Chickpea Spinach Salad
- 1 can chickpeas large size or dried chickpeas
- 2 bags baby spinach small size
- ½ cup dill chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup white wine dry
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Place chickpeas in water overnight. Drain and rinse thoroughly the next day. Boil until chickpeas have softened. You can also use store-bought chickpeas to make this process quicker.
- Add chickpeas into the pan along with chopped leek, bay leaf, and olive oil. Stir consistently.
- Add in wine
- Wash and rinse Spinach. Then add into the pan along with the dill. Stir for a few minutes until spinach withers.
- Pour in vegetable stock/broth, stir.
- Add in tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Stir until sauce has thickened.
- Remove bay leaf before serving. This salad can be served hot or cold.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂