Pound Cakes are I think the easiest of all cakes to make. The basic and most important step is to have the butter or margarine and eggs at room temperature. Toss ingredients into a large bowl and mix. So simple and yet so good!!! 🙂 I added icing just to make it look a bit nicer…:)
SIMPLE VANILLA POUND CAKE
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter unsalted or Margarine unsalted
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Butter or margarine and eggs should be room temperature…so start by beating the butter and slowly add in the sugar. While beating slowly add in one egg at a time, add flour, salt and continue beating.
- Lastly, add in the Vanilla extract or power and combine.
- I used my bundt cake form for this recipe…Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes and until golden brown. 🙂 When the cake has cooled, top with a lovely Vanilla icing…my is store bought, was not able to find powdered sugar to make the icing I usually make for this cake.