The weekend was absolutely lovely, sunny but cold. Being outside in the cold weather you needed to wear all!!! I mean all the accessories…gloves, hats, scarves, ear muffs. 🙂 Yesterday morning, I had already baked the Vanilla cake for dessert, but we wanted something to warm us up from the cold weather, and this soup was exactly what we needed.
This traditional greek soup is full of vegetables and beef for a hearty, delicious warm me up dish. 🙂 If you love soups and are not a meat eater just omit the meat and have a hearty hot vegetable soup. 🙂
BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP (KREATOSOUPA ME LAXANIKA)
- 500 grams of Beef cut into pieces
- 1 Carrot diced
- 3 medium size Potatoes cubed
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 1 Fresh Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup small type Pasta
- In a large pot add water and cover the meat and boil for 1/2 hour. (this process tenderises the meat)
- Once the meat has boiled add in the vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Continue to add the fresh onions.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and boil for 1/2 hour.
- I always like to add some pasta into my soups, so this time I added 1/2 cup of this small tube pasta. 🙂 Boil for another 1/2 hr until pasta has cooked.
- If you are not a meat eater just add water and the olive oil along with any other vegetables you enjoy eating and enjoy. 🙂 Serve into a lovely bowl and enjoy this delicious soup on a cold day 🙂