(Ok, so it took me two tries to get this pie done!!..The first time was yesterday morning around 11:00ish I forgot to separate the eggs yolks from the eggs whites, but that was because I had just finished a phone call that was quite exciting, and I was so happy that I just forgot!! The second time around was much later in the afternoon, it was going well until I decided that I needed to take the pie out of the baking pan and place it onto a cake stand and it fell apart…:( But it doesn’t matter it still tasted so good!!! ) 🙂
We have been having gorgeous weather since Monday and I have been out almost everyday running errands and just going out with my brother. It is very sunny and bright outside, so what came to mind with such beautiful days…a delicious dessert, what sort of dessert you say; well Lemon of course. 🙂 It was hot, hot, hot, yesterday to much for this time of year, but I shouldn’t complain it was lovely, so making this refreshing Lemon Pie was a good idea because when the weather is hot you need to cool off somehow and a cold dessert is just a perfect idea. (I added a scoop of Lemon Sorbet on mine instead of whipped cream) 🙂
Lemon Pie, Pudding, Lemonade, Pink Lemonade are my utmost favorite especially if these are homemade. This Lemon pie (tart) is truly so simple to make, you won’t need more than a few ingredients to blend together and your done.. easy, tasty, refreshing !! 🙂
REFRESHING LEMON PIE
- 1 1/2 cans of Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 5 Eggs Yolks
- 500 grams of Digestive Cookies for crust
- 150 grams of melted Butter
- Lemon Zest
- Whip Cream for Topping
- Put cookies into blender and beat.
- Melted butter for crust.
- Add butter into crushed cookies and mix. Place into a butter baking pan and press down to even out. Push cookies mix and press all around the baking pan. (I placed a piece of baking paper on the bottom of the pan so that the crust wouldn’t stick). Place into oven and bake for about 20 minutes or you can place it in the refrigerator for 1 hr. This is done so that the crust becomes firm.
- In a separate bowl add in the condensed milk, lemon juice, a bit of lemon zest mix until combined.
- Continue by adding the eggs yolks, beat mix thoroughly.
- Add mixture into baked crust and bake for 1 hr. Once it is ready set it aside to cool off before adding the whipped cream.