Hi everyone, I have been chatting with a few of my blogger friends who still have not yet seen any Spring weather and some have mentioned that in their areas it’s snowing!!! I know in a way how they must be feeling because last year around this time it was raining non stop here. So, the weather we have been having lately is odd, but it’s April already so I am sending to all my bloggers friends who are still waiting for Spring “the Spring Vibes” . Hope this works!! 🙂
This recipe is a quick version of stir-fry that can be put together in less than 20 minutes, that’s if you’ve in a rush and would like to make something delicious and yet quickly because you just got back from a busy day at work and are starving. I had already washed and drained the shrimps so that was done a day in advance, but I was missing a few of the veggies and the quality of the fresh produce was not exactly well, let’s just say they just looked strange so I decided to buy frozen veggies.
To be honest the frozen veggie pack saved me a lot of time in the kitchen because I was out most of the day, and when I got back it would have taken me just about an hour to cut, chop, dice, and fry. So, in a way a meal in 20 minutes is not half bad. 🙂
STIR – FRY SHRIMPS & VEGGIES WITH RICE (LAXANIKA ME GARIDES KAI RYZI)
- 500 grams Shrimps washed and drained
- 1 pack of frozen Veggies or Fresh Veggies
- if your going to do fresh Veggies this is what you will need: 1 Aubergine (chopped, 1 Zucchini (slice1 large Carrot (slice2 cups Broccoli (boile1 Red Bell Pepper (choppe1 cup Green Beans (boiled)
- 2 fresh Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped, optional
- 2 cups White Long Grain Rice boiled
- Shrimps washed and drain.
- In a large skillet pan add in the olive oil, the veggies and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped fresh tomatoes.
- Continue to stir and simmer.
- Pour into the mix the dry white wine and let simmer for another 15 minutes or until wine has been absorbed.
- Boil rice and drain.
- Once the mixture is done add rice into a bowl and top it off with the stir-fry veggies. (I added a bit of chipotl🙂