Hey fellow foodie friends,
This may look like the traditional Greek Cheese puff pastry but it’s not. This Mushroom Cheese Puff Pastry Recipe is made with 4 different types of mushrooms and 2 different types of cheeses. I added goat cheese and mozzarella, combining both the unsalted and salted cheese helps bring down the intense taste of the goat cheese. I also added my go-to herb dill just to give that special something taste.
For many years I was not a mushroom fan. The main reason was the texture of the mushroom, that slippery texture was just way too funky for me. A few years ago I decided to buy a package and just give it another try. 🙂 As a food blogger, I spend many hours online, searching, reading cookbooks, food photography, and coming up with recipes of my own. There is an abundance of Mushroom recipes online and that just might be overwhelming. I know it is for me but if you want to try out a simple recipe then this Mushroom Cheese Puff Pastry recipe is my winner.
Greek Easter is coming up in a couple of weeks so this is also a great addition to your Easter table. 🙂
Have a great day everyone!!
Don’t forget to tune into Behind the Greek Apron
Mushroom Cheese Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 leek
- 500 grams Mushrooms
- a hand full of dill
- 125 grams mozzarella sliced
- 75 grams goat cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil + 5 tablespoons
- 10 phyllo dough sheets
- 1 tsp pepper
- sesame seeds
- Chop the leek into smaller pieces and add leek into a blender.
- Cut large mushrooms into halves.
- Add mushrooms and dill into the blender.
- Add in sliced mozzarella and ¼ cup olive oil blend on high speed for a few minutes. Add the ingredient into a pan along with 5 tbsp of olive oil. Stir and add in goat cheese. Stir consistently until goat cheese melts.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 10 phyllo sheets into 7 cm width. Brush layer with olive oil, add a tbsp of filling. Fold squares over the mushrooms filling until it forms a triangle. Brush olive oil on all sides.
- Bake at 180 until golden brown. These appetizers can be eaten hot or cold.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂