Hello Foodie Friends,
It was time to start emptying out my kitchen cabinets of plates, glasses, utensils, and gadgets. I came across my Instant Pot in the back of one of my cabinets. Since most of my cookbooks, recipes, etc have already been packed, I couldn’t remember off-hand recipes for the Instant Pot. The truth is that I don’t often use my Instant Pot (6-quart) all that much so I researched/googled for recipes containing rice. One of the recipes that caught my eye was this Instant Pot Recipe Chicken and Rice on the delish.com site. If you have not come across this site you should pop over…:)
The original recipe does not call for chili flakes but since it’s cold and rainy here I added chili flakes for a bit of that hot sensation. I also used parboiled rice instead of white rice because I didn’t have any other kind in my pantry. The meal was ready in 9 minutes and that is one thing I love about the Instant Pot, the food is ready in just minutes. My mom and Mother-in-law have used the Pressure Cooker for most of their cooking in the past. (Sometimes they still do!!)
It took me a while before deciding to buy an Instant Pot. Why? because of so many horror stories of Instant Pots blowing up and so much more. Believe me when I say that nothing of the sort has happened to me and my Instant Pot. 🙂
Have a lovely Monday everyone!!
Instant Pot Chicken and Spicy Rice Recipe
- 5 pieces Chicken Breasts skinless
- 1 Bell pepper chopped
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic CLoves chopped
- 1 tbsp Oregano dried
- 1 tbsp Smoke Paprika
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Parboiled Rice
- ¼ tbsp Chili Flakes
- Add into the pot the olive oil, chopped onion, saute for a few minutes. Add in the diced garlic, chopped peppers, salt, stir.
- Add in the oregano,
- smoked paprika and stir for a few minutes.
- Add in the par-boiled rice, vegetable broth, and stir.
- Place the chicken breasts onto the veggies and rice. Close lid, set to "Pressure Cooker" on normal for 9 minutes. Once the 9 minutes are up let the pot decompress naturally. Remove the lid, shred the chicken.
- Stir and serve hot