How is everyone? A while back this recipe caught my eye, and I knew that I just had to try it out. It is the Classic Greek Spinach Pie recipe tweaked with Sun Dried Tomatoes. When I was done with work this morning, I popped into the supermarket to pick up some Spinach. I already had the rest of the ingredients in the fridge. I always have Sun Dried Tomatoes because I basically put them into everything I eat. 🙂
It took me not more than 20 minutes to put this together and about 1 1/2 for the pie to bake. When it was finally ready, I set it aside for a while to cool off, before I tried to cut a piece. I was a bit impatient for it to cool off, but when it finally did I cut a small piece and awwwww I can’t put it into words, you must try this recipe, you will absolutely love it!!
Have a great rest of the week everyone!! 🙂
GREEK SPINACH PIE WITH FETA CHEESE AND SUN DRIED TOMATOES
- 6 pieces of Phyllo Sheets
- 1 kilo Spinach
- 2 Onions sliced
- 5 Sun Dried Tomatoes sliced
- 400 grams Feta Cheese
- 30 grams Parsley
- 30 grams Dill
- 2 Eggs
- Olive Oil
- Wash and drain Spinach.
- In a medium size bowl mix the Feta Cheese, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Onions, Parsley, Dill, Salt & Pepper and add into the Spinach.
- Whisk the eggs and add into the mix.
- Oil brush a small baking pan, and add the first three phyllo sheets. (Oil brush each sheet)
- Add the Spinach mix into the baking pan, spread evenly.
- Place the last three Phyllo Sheets on top and Oil brush. Roll/Warp Phyllo Sheets and oil brush the last sheet.
- Pre – heat oven to180 degrees and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. (It took longer with my oven)