When I was younger I remember my mom always saying don’t forget to eat your salad. A Salad was a must on our lunch or dinner table, even when we had pasta, salad was on the table. Personally, I think pasta and salad are a bit too much. Till the day my mom always adds salad to the table whenever she prepares pasta. 🙂
Do you love eating Salads? Yes, No? Well, I do know of a few people that have never eaten Salads in their lives. I find that soooo odd. We were having a discussion about what type of food we like or don’t like to eat. When the category of salads came up they were no no no no…I was a bit taken back at their reaction, ok I got it you don’t like salads. I am more of salad person than any other type of food. This past week I have been enjoying a variety of salads with different kinds of ingredients, but I wanted to share this one with everyone because I hardly ever mention that I use fennel in my recipe that this was a great opportunity.
But for those of us who do love to eat Salads all year round, this is definitely a must-try recipe.. I love fennel, but if you have never tried it then I suggest you should start adding fennel to your salads!
Have a great weekend!!
Fennel Lettuce Cashew Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing
- 1 Fennel Bulb thinly sliced
- 3 cups lettuce
- 3 tbs Honey
- ½ Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup Cashews
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Parmesan optional
- Blue Cheese optional
- Thinly slice fennel
- place in a bowl with a few ice cubes for 10 minutes. Dran excess water and dry off on kitchen towel
- In a bowl add lemon juice and honey.
- add in olive oil, salt and pepper
- chop cashews or nuts of your preference in a blender.
- start with a layer of lettuce,, then fennel, cheese and continue until the top layer is covered with cheese. Drizzle honey lemon dressing over the salad and place in the fridge for 10 minutes. Garnish with your favorite nuts.
KALI MAS OREXEI!! 🙂