Do you love eating seafood dishes? Yes? This original Greek Octopus Pasta Recipe is definitely a recipe that should be given a try. Simple, easy put-together recipe with just a few ingredients in one pot. This is a versatile recipe and many prefer not to use Octopus but that’s ok you can omit the octopus and add any type of fish, or pasta. I sometimes like to add Mussels rather than Octopus just to give this dish a different flavor and twist. I also used fresh grated tomatoes (even though they are not in season, I chose to buy the Organic tomatoes) with a tablespoon of tomato paste. Both of these ingredients are combined to give a deliciously rich tomato sauce. Does this sound yummy to you?
If you use frozen Octopus or mixed frozen seafood rather than fresh you skip the cleaning and chopping process. Personally, for me, it’s much easier to skip these two steps altogether at this time. (no kitchen) With the frozen seafood I prefer to boil it before cooking. This step helps tenderize the texture of the Octopus. If you want to make this recipe spicy then go ahead and add your favorite hot and spicy spice. The choice is yours!!
I hope you enjoy making this delicious Seafood Pasta dish…and who knows you just might drift off to a beautiful beachfront tavern on one of the islands in Greece. 🙂
Easy Greek Octopus Pasta Recipe
- 1 kilo octopus fresh or frozen chopped
- 3 tomatoes grated medium size
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 1 liter water
- 30 ml white vinegar
- 1 onion large chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 grams pasta
- feta cheese optional for garnishing
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil. Add in the chopped octopus boil for 15 minutes or until the texture is tender.
- In the meantime heat a large saucepan with olive oil and saute the chopped onion until golden brown.
- Stir in the boiled octopus and cook for 15 minutes while occasionally stirring. Add grated tomatoes, a tablespoon of tomato paste and one liter of water. Slowly stir in the wine, and white vinegar. simmer on low heat.
- add the pasta of your choice, Season with salt and pepper. If you prefer to spicy add in your favorite spice.
- bay leaves and cook until sauce has thickened and pasta is ready.
- Serve immediately, with your favorite cheese topping and fresh-baked bread.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂