..Hey there friends,
I hope everyone is well. As you already know I have had a few changes in my life these past few months. Moving again was another huge challenge, a new country, new everything! I’m not complaining I am just expressing how I feel. I needed to take time to close that chapter in my book and turn the page and start a new chapter. To be completely honest, this was definitely the right decision, I am happy again and love it here. So it’s time to get back to what I love doing and that is cooking, and blogging. So, please join me once again on this new journey.
December 2021 was the last recipe I made with my Instant Pot and wanted to post but I just didn’t have the time. The recipe for this week is the Instant Pot Greek Beef Stew recipe (Yiouvetsi) a staple in the Greek cuisine for those meat lovers out there. This beef stew is made with Orzo pasta, fresh grated tomatoes, and beef, garnished with cheese. I added most of the ingredients into the pressure cooker except for the Orzo pasta. I timed it for 40 minutes on normal.
I’m not going to say where I have moved to but if you listen to our second season of the Behind the Med Apron Podcast which will be going live soon you will find out which country it is. (Oops forgot to mention that we changed the podcast name to Behind the Meditteranean Apron) so if you are one of our listeners keep an eye out for Season Two.
Finding a place to live was quite difficult, with way too many challenges. But we finally found an apartment a few weeks ago. 🙂 At the moment I don’t have any kitchen cabinets let alone an oven/hob. It’s a part of the culture which to me is odd but sometimes “you just gotta go with the flow”. When the kitchen cabinets do arrive I will show you the before and after kitchen photos. But keep in mind that it will take about 4 months for the kitchen cabinets to arrive. Funny?? sure is!! I will try to make as many greek recipes as I can in my Instant pot and Air Fryer.
Instant Pot Greek Beef Stew (Yiouvetsi)
- 1 Kilo beef chunks boneless
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves whole
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 grated fresh tomatoes
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 baking pan
- Start by adding the chopped onion and two tablespoons of olive oil into the Instant pot and press the saute button. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the meat, tomato paste, fresh grated tomatoes, bay leaves, garlic, salt, pepper, and one cup of vegetable broth. (you can use water instead of broth) Give it a good stir and add the cinnamon stick,
- Press the Pressure Cook button to normal for 30 minutes, and seal the lid. Preheat the oven to 180 C /375 F. Release and transfer the beef stew to a baking pan, add the Orzo pasta. Add in the last two cups of vegetable broth, give it a stir and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Once it's ready garnish with your favorite cheese.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂