How was everyones weekend? Did the tennis fans out there enjoy the weekend matches? You can believe I did. 🙂 I did yell, and scream at the top of my lungs when Stefano won. 🙂 How could I not right??? I have been watching Stefano play tennis for about 2 1/2 years now, I had mentioned to my hubby when I first starting following him that this guy will go far in Tennis. 🙂 Stefano is not the only Greek Tennis player I follow, the other player’s name is Maria Sakari, she is an up and coming star and I have to say she played tremendously well in AO.!!! 🙂
I played tennis for many years and it was so nice to see a change yesterday, a lot more net playing. 🙂 He did good yesterday, and I am sure will be just fine in the match coming up with Roberto another great player. But let’s not forget that I am a huge fan of Rafa’s so that was the first match of the day or should I say morning. So, I will be up at 2:30 to watch Stefano play and then later in the morning to watch Rafa. This time zone difference is a hard one but what can I do, I just love the sport. 🙂
In between matches I had time to make these little cheese bites to munch on while watching the match. The only thing I didn’t do was eat, to busy rooting for Stefano hehehe…my husband tried them and he said they tasted delicious. Once the match was over and I stopped screaming I gave them a try and they were amazing…:) I definitely need to make these more often.
DELICIOUS ALMOND COATED FETA CHEESE BITES
- 350 grams of Feta Cheese
- 1 Egg beaten
- Almonds crushed
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Add the cheese into a bowl and crumble.
- In a separate bowl beat egg.
- Place Almond into a blender and crush,
- into smaller pieces. Keep in mind not to crush the Almonds too much.
- Take a bit of cheese and make it into a ball, place into the egg and roll around until coated. This recipe makes about 10 cheese balls, if you see that 1 egg is not enough, add one more.
- Continue by adding the cheese ball into the almonds coat thoroughly.
- Add Vegetable Oil into a large skillet and place cheese balls, fry until golden brown. Place on paper towel to soak up excess oil before eating.