Hi everyone, I finally got to the market this morning and picked up the ingredient which was missing yesterday for my recipe. This also is a simple Greek pie mostly made during the summer season with its lovely taste of Courgette and herbs. There is no phyllo involved in this recipe, so all it is basically is the mixing of the ingredients, and placing into a baking pan.
Before my little vegetable garden was destroyed by the snow storm we had a few years ago, I was growing my own vegetables, and herbs which I loved to do. I found growing my own vegetables and flowers is so rewarding. But I did promise myself that I would purchase a new small off ground garden in the coming months. I am hoping maybe around the end of September. 🙂 I hope you will enjoy! 🙂
COURGETTE PIE (KOLOKYTHOPITA)
- 3 large Courgettes
- 100 grams Parmesan Cheese grated
- 100 grams Feta Cheese in small cubes
- 1 large Onion grated
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 150 grams All Purpose Flour
- 50 grams bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Dille chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley chopped
- Grate Courgette in a bowl, and add 1 teaspoon of salt, and then place into a strainer for at least 2 hrs. so that all the water is drained out. Just to be sure squeeze the Courgettes so that it is completely dried from water.
- Place Courgette into a large bowl and slowly start adding in all the ingredients. Start off with the eggs and then Feta and continue with the herbs, bread crumbs, flour.
- Just a note that the Parmesan Cheese and Olive Oil should be the last ingredients tossed into the mixture.
- I use a tart baking pan for this recipe, if you don’t have one, you can use any small baking pan. Oil brush the pan first, and then sprinkle flour on all sides so that the Courgette mixture does not stick to the baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hr. at 180 degrees and until golden brown on top and bottom. When it is baked set aside to cool off for about 1/2 hr.
Originally posted 2017-08-03 11:52:08.