Anyone out there interested in a piece of this delicious Coconut pound cake? Yes? No? I started to write this post but I can’t seem to think of what to write, my mind is a blank today. 🙁 Ok, here is a very interesting topic that I have been discussing with my students. How well are you sleeping these days? It seems that most have not been sleeping well. Nightmares, dreams, etc have disrupted a good night’s sleep. (honestly so has mine) It is quite interesting to hear how everyone is reacting to waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep. One thing they have told me is that the refrigerator is definitely their go-to place! mine tooooo.
Late-night snacks for most are either chips or leftovers. If we were in Greece, it would probably be a Gyro. Most of these shops are open until 3 in the morning. Then again we have the Cantine’s that are open from11 pm to 6 am the following morning.. My late-night snack is usually a bowl of fruit or cereal. I used to go for that bag of chips, but I have stopped that a longgggg time ago. Getting back to sleep is usually difficult, I tend to stay awake for about another hour before I am able to fall back to sleep.
Last year was the first time I entered the Great Bloggers Bake-off which was a lot of fun. And this year I thought I was late with my entry but I am not and I am solo happy that I can be a part of that wonderful new tradition. So, I decided to go with this delicious little recipe. Yummm It’s a summer dessert cake and so easy. Add a nice large glass of Ice Tea with lemon and a scoop of Ice Cream for those hot summer days. 🙂
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Coconut Lime Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups All Purpose flour or self rising flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon rind grated
- 1 cup coconut desiccated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk room temp
- 2 ready-made Icing packages
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 180, In a large bowl, flour, and lime zest
- and brown sugar. Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl mix eggs, butter, and coconut milk.
- Pour egg batter into dry ingredients and mix by hand. Pour into a buttered baking pan and bake at 180 for 35 min.
- Set aside to cool. In a small bowl mix icing with lime juice and pour over cake. Serve with ice cream and a glass of Ice Tea
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂