Hello everyone, yesterday turned out to be quite a busy day for me, from food shopping for different recipes, walking Charlie, catching up with some friends on Skype that I have not spoken to in a while, and working on different projects which are all just very exciting. 🙂 Easter is coming up very quickly, well for us our Easter (Greek Easter) is on April 8th, so we have a couple of more weeks. I am hoping to make the traditional Greek Cookies that we have during Easter time. (My arm has been acting up on me again with all the weather changes and it has been strapped up with a band)
Come to think of it the Easter Cookie recipe is how I actually met my blogging buddy, and dear friend Dee dee from Invisible-no-more. I had just started blogging and I was searching for blogs that expressed what I was interested in and I came across Dee dee’s. Some of Dee dee’s post were so funny and some so touching, that I commented on one of them and she replied. 🙂 Dee dee asked me if I had a recipe for the Greek Easter Cookies…I sent the recipe and she made them last year & posted them on her blog, the cookies looked so good!!
Dee dee has a special place in my heart. 🙂
I wasn’t going to do any cooking today, I had some leftover Pastichio that I had made so I was just going to bake a cake. 🙂 The cake started out as a basic Vanilla Cake but I ended up adding Cinnamon and Walnuts, don’t ask why I just felt like I should add something more than just Vanilla, and it turned out very tasty, with a strong taste of Cinnamon. 🙂
CINNAMON & WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
- 5 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1 cup Butter room temp
- 4 Eggs
- 3 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Salt
- Mix walnuts with cinnamon.
- In a bowl add sugar and butter and mix until soft and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients flour, baking soda.
- When butter/sugar have become a soft mix, start adding in the eggs one by one, slowly add in the flour mixture, and milk. ( flour mix, then one egg, then mil🙂
- Butter & flour a bundt pan.
- Add half of the mix into the bundt pan.
- Add walnut mix and continue by adding the rest of the mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 1 hr. Top it off with powdered sugar or glaze.