I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend! Ok, well I am not going to go into the weather situation here because all I can say is that it is just crazy. So, I was out the door early this morning to run a few errands and was not able to post until now.
I don’t know if it was me or because it’s Monday and the miscommunication between everyone is just off!! I had ordered a dog ramp to place on the car sit for Charlie. The ramp actually helps him and me, this way I can stop picking him up to put him in the car, Charlie weighs around 32 kilos, and If you are wondering yes that’s how much Basset Hounds generally weigh. It turns out that it was just to big and it didn’t fit in the car. Anyway, it’s way too long of a story to write about and the whole he said, she said, they said pfff but at least I was able to return it. 🙂
When I was done with that I headed to the Supermarket. As you already know from me, they are a challenge of their own, seriously I am not joking. I have mentioned before that I have difficulties finding products, I came up with this great idea, I decided that once a month (starting from next month) I will be going to the Farmer’s Market in Amsterdam, or wherever they have Farmer’s Markets and of course let’s not forget Supermarkets!! that have a wider range of products than the ones I have in my area. 🙂 Too many recipes and so few products. 🙁
I have not had the chance yet to celebrate new my part time job 🙂 amongst a few other things. 🙂 So, this weekend was the perfect opportunity to make this Cake. A really very simple cake with just a few ingredients, a couple of hours in the fridge and it was done. 🙂
Have a great week everyone!!
CHOCOLATE MOCHA MOUSSE CAKE
- 1 package cookies for crust
- 4 tablespoons of Butter melted
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Cocoa
- 2 shots of Espresso Coffee
- Chocolate for topping
- Crush cookies, make 2 halves of the cookie biscuit. Add melted butter only to one part of the crushed cookies, press down on the bottom of a pan.
- Add heavy cream into a mixing bowl, along with Espresso, Cocoa beat on medium to high speed until fluffy.
- I added a few tablespoons of Powdered Sugar.
- Separate cream into two parts, spread half the cream over the cookie curst, then layer the other half of the crushed cookies on top. Spread another layer of cookie crust on top of cream, then add the cream that is left over on top. Place in the fridge overnight, the following morning top with Sprinkles or Chocolate